Version 1.0 – Updated May 2018
Norella Limited T/as Alexsa Beauty & Holistic Studio (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.alexsa.co.uk and by providing personal data to us, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Norella Limited T/as Alexsa Beauty & Holistic Studio of Registered office: 172, Newgate Lane, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire NG18 2QA.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This may arise from you filling in forms on our site www.alexsa.co.uk (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you visit the salon , when you change/update your personal details, contact preferences etc. and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and medical information when completing our consultation form.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- for the provision of services requested;
- providing always that you have given to us the necessary consent, to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- providing always that you have given to us the necessary consent, to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. Where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you decide at any time that you no longer want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please contact us at The Data Protection Controller, Norella Limited T/as Alexsa Beauty & Holistic Studio, 172, Newgate Lane, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire NG18 2QA;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- in-house research and statistical analysis;
- to communicate with you about our offers and upcoming events;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
While we use strong encryption, both when your information is moving to or from our web services and also whilst your information is held by us, unfortunately the transmission of information via the internet can never be completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will always inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by not checking the necessary boxes to give such consent on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at The Data Protection Controller, Norella Limited T/as Alexsa Beauty & Holistic Studio, 172, Newgate Lane, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire NG18 2QA
If, at any time, you want to verify, update or amend your personal data or preferences please write to us at The Data Protection Controller, Norella Limited T/as Alexsa Beauty & Holistic Studio, 172, Newgate Lane, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire NG18 2QA.
. Verification, updating or amendment of personal data will take place within 28 days of your request.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.